Thursday, November 18, 2010

5

The Second Last Wait...

Posted in ,

8th Standard… 14 yrs old… the obsession began!!!
The crazy world of magic… of friendship… of risks… of values!
The land I lived in then & continue to live even now…
The world J.K.Rowling created...
The world of witchcraft and wizardy…
The world of Harry Potter…
I can never be thankful enough!




Those days began with the book in my hand. I would not part with it wherever I went…
In the school bus… In the short break… During the lectures, hiding under the desks.
Then during the lunch break… all the way till the end of the school… While on the bus
returning again!!!
Classes I attented… But when home again… It was behind the geography text book, the only
study book enough to hide the big, fat Potter novel!!! ;)
The days passed in mad haze…
Finishing the first book…
Waiting to lay hands on the next one…
The curiosity of what happens next, used to kill..

Then came Harry on Big screen.
Though it was no match to the descriptive novels…
They did what they could do the best!
The words put into action and images painted my imaginations as well.
Could I ask for anything more!

The release of book…
The release of movie…
The release of book…
The release of movie…
The release of book…

Booked the last part of the series… The Deathly Hallows…
The scene looked like this…
Waking up early in the morning.. as early as 4!!!
Walking all the way to the other side of the town…
Finally the sacred book being in my very own hands…
Starting the read at 5…
Few pages.. and Hedgewig dies…
Crying my eyes out at 7 in the morning!
Not parting with it for the whole day…
By the break of another dawn, I knew…
The Boy Who Lived wins…. He Survives…

The joy that washes over me…
Then leaves a grueling pain…
The feeling of “what I should wait for next?”…
The story is told…
The mystery is solved!

Then comes the flickering hope…
Three parts of the movie still remains…
Reading the books all over again…
Brushing up on the one before the release…

So I just closed the copy of Deathly Hallows…
Just before the release…
The first half of the last to come…
Harry Potter will always reign…
But this is just the SECOND LAST WAIT.




5 comments:

  1. goddddddd!!!
    u reminded me of does good old days.....
    remember dat window sit n u n me sharin d same page....
    U WER D 1 TO INTRODUCE ME 2 HARRY..
    thns alot for dat...
    luv u..mwhh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I remembr... I knoee evn u hid the HP behind Geography book!!
    Love u too gal.. mwa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good old Harry potter days. I so miss them <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully captured the obsession of potterheads...i still reread them...- just another fan

    ReplyDelete